Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Central Park Engagement Session

Alex and Leslie first met in Washington D.C. but it wasn't until years later when their paths crossed again in NYC that sparks flew.  Since Leslie lives in Manhattan, Bethesda Terrace in Central Park was the natural choice for their engagement session.
To really understand what Central Park means to the City, pick up a copy of Central Park: An American Masterpiece, by my friend, photographer and official park historian, Sara Cedar Miller.  It's filled with fascinating facts and images of the park.
Arriving at 72nd Street on the afternoon of the photo shoot, I asked a dignified-looking gentleman to point me in the direction of Bethesda Fountain and he kindly offered to walk me to my destination.  In conversation, I discovered that he was related to Frederick Law Olmstead the landscape architect who designed Central Park along with his senior partner, Calvert Vaux!  I considered this to be a good luck omen.
Alex and Leslie were a delight to work with. Here are a few of my favorites from our one-hour photo session before they had to rush off to an engagement party for close friends at The Central Park Boathouse.
Color is lovely but I think black and white is timeless.  What do you think?

In case you're wondering what other engaged couples are putting on their gift registries, here's the latest Wall Street Journal Article on Gift registry.

No comments:

Post a Comment